Thursday 4 December 2014

God - An Addendum

I was just asked, in reference to my my earlier post, which religion in my opinion are the nicest people. There would be no judgement on my opinion here. I'm really glad I was asked.

Categorically, after 52 years of talking to people of all stripes, I can honestly say that there is not one religion (or lack of it) where the people stand out, as a group as better than the others, in any way, be it manners, kindness, honesty, generosity, or any virtue you wish to name. It is this experience that has led me to my feelings as expressed, that I don't believe religion changes very much, when it comes to the individual.

But there is ONE exception.

When it comes to customer service.

After almost ten years of selling crafts and craft supplies both online and off, there is a clear winner in who I prefer to deal with in business. That would be Pagans. I don't even have to think about it. They are never any trouble, always pleasant, always polite, patient, and of good humour.

One of my specialities is religious stuff. I cater, or have catered, to all of them. The Buddhists are sweet, the Muslims are gracious and politeness itself. The Christians are rude, impatient, cheap, and a pain in the arse. It got so bad that on eBay I stopped carrying Christian stuff because it wasn't worth the hassle. Etsy customers tend to be more pleasant, but every single "difficult" customer I've had on Etsy was buying Christian stuff. No exceptions. This also applies to fellow sellers.

So, to sum up, the one thing Christianity needs to boost is its teachings on is how to deal with people who are serving you. Which is funny when you think about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment